Pricing All commissioned paintings are unframed oil paintings on archival panels. Paintings are ready for easy framing. Shipping is included in all prices except 16 x 20.
6 x 6" $100
8 x 8" $175
8 x 10" $200
10 x 10" $270
12 x 12" $375
16 x 20" $800 (plus shipping)
Custom sizes available
Memory boxes available. Recycled cigar boxes with a portrait on one side. For an example see "Litter Box" on Portfolio page of this website. $125 plus shipping
Pet Photography Tips Your pet's portrait needs to start with a quality photograph that captures your pet's personality. Here are some helpful tips.
1. Take a lot of photographs. I can help you pick the best one(s). Be prepared for this to take several tries. Have fun.
2. Photograph your pet outside without using your camera's flash. The flash will dull his coat and alter the eyes. The sun should be at your back. Mid morning and mid afternoon are the best times of the day for outside phototgraphy. It's all about the lighting (not too harse but present for highlights).
3. Get down on your pet's level or bring him up to yours by photographing him on the couch. Bribes and a accomplice are very helpful in getting your subject's attention and cooperation.
4. Concentrate more on your pet and less on the background. Try not to crop legs or ears off. I want to see all of your pet. Head shots or three quarter views are fine.
5. Take some close up shots to get details, especially the eyes.