Commission an original oil painting of your beloved pet for a lifetime reminder of how special they are to you. Landscapes and still life commissions are also welcome. All commissioned paintings are unframed oil paintings on museum quality panels. Paintings are ready for easy framing. Shipping is not included in the price.
6 x 6" $100 8 x 8" $175 8 x 10" $200 10 x10" $270 12 x 12" $375 16 x 20" $800
Custom sizes available
Memory boxes available. Recycled cigar boxes with a portrait on one side. For an example see "Litter Box" under animals on the artwork page of this website. $125 plus shipping
Pet Photography Tips Your pet's portrait needs to start with a quality photograph that captures your pet's personality. Here are some helpful tips.
1. Take a lot of photographs. I can help you pick the best one(s). Be prepared for this to take several tries. Have fun.
2. Photograph your pet outside without using your camera's flash. The flash will dull his coat and alter the eyes. The sun should be at your back. A bright overcast day, morning or late in the day are the best times. You can also get great shots inside with good natural light.
3. Get down on your pet's level or bring him up to yours by photographing him on the couch.
4. Concentrate more on your pet and less on the background. Try not to crop legs or ears off. I want to see all of your pet. Head shots or three quarter views are fine.
5. Take some close up shots to get details, especially the eyes.